Sunday 15 July 2018

Day 7 - Hotter Still!

Sleeping at night is becoming more and more difficult as the temperature rises outside ever higher, which in turn means it's warmer each day inside too. Several of the windows in the cottage have mosquito meshes and these windows have been fully open all the time, yet when the outside temperature is reaching 30C as it did today, and it's not dipping below 20C for more than a couple of hours in the early morning, the house simply won't cool down.

So, with the weather so good, after breakfast it was straight into the garden to sunbathe for a while before lunch. In order to cool down a bit, we also took the boat out for a row, with Keith, Olivia and Arnold  coming along for the ride. We saw a couple of other folk sunbathing on their jetties on the other side of where we are. Other than that, it really does seem like our own lake!
This afternoon, we simply carried on enjoying the amazing heat and the wonderful water. All of us, even Babushka, were in the lake this afternoon! The sauna was busy and Keith, Olivia and Arnold spent ages diving repeatedly into the water. 
About 4pm, I set up the wood burning BBQ and cooked some marinated pork for dinner as we wanted to be finished in plenty of time for the football this evening. We ate down by the water before heading inside for the match.
I'm writing this half way through, and after we are heading into Jyväskylä for some ice creams by the harbour as it's Anna's folks last night here, before we then head back via the nearby "diving board" lake at Leppävesi just along the road. 

Just before I publish this, I realise looking at these photos that there are some really lovely colours especially today. Bearing in mind that I am only using my phone camera this year I'm quite impressed. Usually I have my small Fujifilm camera which has an outstanding zoom lens on it, as well as a small waterproof camera but this year I decided simply to see how the phone would cope. Quite well, I'd say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 14 - Hot, Sunny, Perfect!

Every year we have been coming to Finland in the summer, I always pray for glorious weather. Sometimes we've been lucky; I'll never...